Grains are the biggest food commodity with a market value of $2.1 trillion in 2020 and forecast to reach $3.8 trillion by 2030, equivalent to a 6.2% CAGR. The largest grain markets are corn at 1.1 billion tons and wheat at 775 million tons.
Grains have always been the basis of the human diet. The global grain trade is integral to food security with many nations dependent on imports.
However grain markets are fragmented, plagued by inefficiencies and a lack of transparency. DCX Grains will remove these frictions by connecting exporters, importers, traders and third parties, enabling them to trade across the world efficiently and securely. Once a full marketplace has been created, market participants will enjoy price transparency and verifiable pricing data on a customizable dashboard.
DCX Grains offers users the following benefits:
• User-friendly interface for company registration and onboarding. All platform users are vetted prior to onboarding.
• The ability to access cost-efficient services, including freight and inspection. Quotes can easily be compared to lock-in competitive rates.
• Smart contract tools save negotiation time and reduce costs and the risk of error.
• Convenient chat function for direct communication between parties dispensing with the need for emails and phone calls.
• Digital creation and transfer of trade documentation minimizing the risk of error, increasing efficiency, saving time and freeing up working capital.
• Embedded blockchain technology ensures transparency, immutability and reliability. Contract amendments can only be made with the mutual agreement of all parties.